July 05, 2008

I'm Getting Good At This Heh?

Check me, two updates within a short space of time. I'd check exactly how long ago, but that takes effort and means pressing that little back button in the top left hand side of my screen. I shall just guess that it's been under two weeks since I updated last.

Astronot have been not so busy to be honest. Which is a damn shame. We played a gig the other week. It wasn't the best, I'll admit that. We were rusty, the crowd was ceased and the headline band... well, I won't get into that. It just wasn't a great occasion for us. Nothing to celebrate. No matter. I swear, after the 12th of July in Invergordon, unless Dave Grohl calls me up on my own mobile phone, says "Jamie, I'll be your best friend forever if you support the Foo Fighters for the next leg of our tour," Then Astronot won't be playing gigs for a while. (Part of me hopes I get that phone call tbh.)

Moving along swiftly...

The final pieces of our equipment are slowly making it through the postal system. I tell you, I'm an impatient son of a bitch. As soon as they invent hardware delivery via some sort of system that's as quick as e-mail, I'm getting it! As our vocal mic wings its way from the good old US of A, our recording interface arrived, as did my studio monitors. My bedroom is now a makeshift mixing room. I don't think my housemates are going to approve of loud music all night.

Hopefully next weekend, Darren will feel like laying down some drum tracks and we can battle on. I feel like we've wasted a bit of time lately, so I'm gonna try and get another version of one of our songs recorded in the meantime. Gonna have to plan that one out though.

I've been working on something new, it's a million miles away from our usual stuff, very chilled out and relaxed... I'm trying to work on it though. Perhaps when I've got nothing to do tomorrow night I can turn it into a song.

When we actually do record, I'll take some pictures and put them in this blog. Simple people like looking at pictures, all this text gets boring after a while.

I'll report back soon.

Jamie

No comments: