July 27, 2008

Bass Face Biy!

So, another week(just), another blog... getting good at this carry on now.

So, Stevie's house was the location for todays work. We kicked his mum out and set out to record some bass. We used his computer room and set his bass amp up in there. I setup the "control room" in his bedroom. Was grand. While we waited for Darren to arrive with some longer leads, Stevenage fixed me up with some lunch. A tasty ham baguette, a bag of crisps and a finely chilled Coca Cola. Thank you Mr Bruce ;)

Darren finally arrived and it was down to some hardcore recording... only after I nearly brained myself on a trip wire that Stevie had setup in the hallway. We got the four songs done within three hours. That's pretty good for Stevie. Much more relaxed when you're just at home... no clock watching, no
man counting pennies as the seconds, minutes and hours tick by. It's just us three taking the piss out of each other.

I've yet to fiddle with the bass, but in the rough mix I've created, it's good. We'll get something
workable.

Lyrics and melodies are next, to be followed by vocal recording. I thought I'd take a video of the Brucemeister recording bass so you could get a cheeky peak at one of the new songs.

Stevie is recording "Isaac" in this video.

Contrary to rumours, no... the songs are not named after certain Caithness music celebrities. Isaac is named after Darren's favourite tink and Johnny is named after the mythical "John" that we call everyone.

I'll keep you posted on the progress of recording and how the melodies are panning out over the next week or so. Hopefully get down to work in the next week or so and get the melodies started on.

Cheers for having a look...

Jamie

No comments: