July 22, 2008

Guitars... Ouch!

I reckon I've been sitting in the chair for close to eight hours now, the occasional venture to the toilet for a piss and the odd cup of tea has been had, but otherwise, I've been stuck in this seat in the same position. It hurts now!

Today has been a busy day. I had a driving lesson this morning, it was awesome! Then I came home and tried to record guitars. The first problem I encountered was the microphone I was gonna use. I had borrowed a "Shure SM57" from someone, but it turns out to be a fake one, oh dear. I managed to get another mic though and off I went.

Now, home recording is a little different than your usual recording experience. It's not just plugging in your guitar and hitting record, no, no. It's a fuckin adventure! Anything can be turned into a recording room/booth. So... when I returned home with the mic for recording, I got stuck in about the cupboard... and ripped everything out of it. What a mess the place was in... towels everywhere, old bits of computer, tools, boxes(lol, my bad), erm... just general shite that I've aquired over the years. I threw it all in the hallway and started making my "guitar booth."

As you can see from the picture, it looks like a bag of shite, but actually... the guitar sounded pretty good. I had cables going from the spare room all the way through to my room. There were cables
everywhere. XLR cables, jack cables, power cables... gah! I should've taken a picture of the mess, it was glorious.

It took a long time though, I wasn't really in the mood to record guitars earlier, but once I'd plannedonline as the "John I EP"... or something like that.

Anyway, once bass is done, I'll post some more of my really amateur pictures.

Adios!

Jamie

No comments: