June 25, 2008

Late Night Ponderisms... Is that a word? Hrm..

Sooo... It's nearly 1am and as usual, I'm not tired in the slightest, so... I feel a blog coming on. How obvious...

For the past week or two we've been working on some new songs, sounding good. In fact, really good if I do say so myself. Well impressed with the way we've written these new songs. One of them stemmed from a drum fill. Darren has his moments of genius, so he can take the credit for the newest song. Or not! Apparently I wrote it in an awkward time signature, it was really just the stupid drum fill time. I don't actually understand any of this 4/4 or 6/8 malarky.

We're currently scraping together some cash for some new toys. This week we should HOPEFULLY finish our shopping for the time being so we can get these new songs recorded. I think I said that in my last blog, but really, we've even picked out the stuff we want now.

Darren turns 27 this Friday. According to great rock'n'roll tradition, this will be his last year as a musician. He hasn't quite decided how he's going to make his great escape, but I'm sure he's plotting it. Hopefully he won't get something stuck in his teeth and decide that a shotgun is a good implement for removing it. Messy...

We're playing a gig this Friday in Skinandi's with The Jyrojets, shouldn't be that bad apparently.

We've had a couple of reviews done this past while. If you check out our Myspace page, link on the the right btw, then you can check them out. Not bad for a few hairy Highlanders I think.

Anyway, as they say in frog land... haw-he-haw.

Cya biy
Jamie

No comments: